How To Contribute
Thank you for your interest in writing for Sparrow Magazine, a magazine about healthy and deliberate living.
We at Sparrow are seeking concise, high-interest articles that would fit into one of the following categories:
Nest Topics such as: organization tips, balancing your finances, de-cluttering techniques, natural cleaning products, gardening, easy and frugal decorating, and healthy meal planning.
Body Topics such as: healthy recipes, exercise tips, running training plans, yoga, meditation, green smoothies, and healthy foods for children.
Mind Topics such as: art, music, poetry, writing, art journaling, collage, knitting, vision boards, prayer, connecting to nature, and spirituality.
Connections Topics such as: marriage, friendships, children’s friendships, extended family, in-laws and community.
Flight Topics such as: running a marathon, adventure travel, white water kayaking, completing a triathlon, submitting your work to an art magazine, taking a painting class, and performing at open mic night. This section will also feature individuals who embody Sparrow Magazine’s mission of living life to the fullest.
If you have a piece you would like us to review that fits with our mission, or an idea for an article you have yet to write, please do the following:
Submit a one-paragraph abstract or proposal and email it to:
We will review your proposal and contact you to let you know if we are interested in working with you further.
If accepted, your article for Sparrow should meet all of the following requirements. Please read carefully:
- Google Docs is the preferred method of sharing your document. If you are not familiar with Google Docs, you may email your article to email@example.com
- Please include a title for your article.
- Please save your article/name your document as your last name+key word, for example: “Smith-running”
- Be sure your article is 500-2000 words in length.
- Be sure your article begins with a concise introduction that gives a clear picture of the topic of your article.
- Include a brief (approx. 3 sentences) bio to be posted at the bottom of your article.
- Attach a head shot of you, the author.
- Include any photographs you would like to submit sent via email in the highest resolution possible. Make a notation in your article about where you would like each photo to go within your article. Landscape (horizontal) photos are the preferred format, so please keep Portrait (vertical) images to a minimum. PLEASE name your photos with your last name+a short description of the content of the photo, for example: “Smith-tree.”
Issue 5 will be released on September 1, 2012. All articles for this issue will be due on July 31, 2012.
The Editing Process
We work closely with all of our writers to edit articles to produce high quality writing that supports the feel and values of Sparrow Magazine.
Thank you again for your interest in Sparrow Magazine. We wholeheartedly look forward to your ideas.